Policies, Procedures & rESOURCES
Club Constitution, ByLaws, Strategic Plan and Policies
Working with Children (Risk Management and Screening) Act 2000
Exemption for a Blue Card Application - This form is to be completed by Queensland registered teachers and Queensland police officers proposing to start or continue in child-related employment.
Change in Police Information Notification - This form is to be completed to advise Blue Card Services where an applicant/cardholder has had a change in their police information.
Link an Applicant/Cardholder to this Organisation - This form is to be completed by applicants/cardholders who have applied for, or hold a blue/exemption card to advise they are undertaking child-related activities with a new or additional organisation.
Volunteer to Paid Employment Transfer
This form is to be completed where a volunteer applicant/blue cardholder is proposing to undertake child-related activities in a paid capacity and needs to transfer from a current volunteer 'V' card to a paid 'P' card.
Who Needs a Blue Card
Read the SLSQ Blue Card Screening Policy to find out if your Blue Card requirements.
4.2. What positions in SLS must apply for a Blue Card?
The following is a list of positions in Surf Lifesaving where the people in those positions, if over 18 years of age, must complete the screening procedures:
- Committee Members
- Junior Activities Chairperson and Committee Members
- Junior Activities Team Managers
- Junior Activities Assistant Team Managers
- Junior Activities Chaperones
- Age Managers and Assistant Age Managers
- Junior Activities Coaches
- Junior Activities Assistant Coaches
- Cadet / Youth Officers
- Chief Training Officer and Training Officers
- Patrol Captains
- Patrol Members
- Assistant Coaches
- Senior Team Managers
- Water Safety Personnel (including IRB Crew)
- Peer Support Officers
- All leaders, instructors and chaperones involved in a “live-in” situation
- Caretakers (including Live-in)
- All Surf Lifesaving Paid Employees (including under 18’s)